Thursday, August 18, 2005

Sick & Tired of Cindy Sheehan?

I know I am. But I'll start off by emphasizing that my support for the military is total and without question and the death of any person serving in the armed forces is a loss not only for the family, but for all of us.

I've left this story alone until now, but now I have to get this out of my system. As regards Cindy Sheehan... let's face it, she's an activist (the Birkenstocks give her away), she was an activist long before her son went to Iraq and I suspect he joined the army in the first place to get the heck away from her. Her husband has very recently filed for divorce (he's a saint for sticking with her this long) and her family has gone out of their way to voice their opposition to her. “This country is not worth dying for” - Cindy's own words reveal her activism and the media's canine subservience to the 'Cindy Sheehan story' has enabled her to use the death of her own son to advance her activism. With the usual suspects of the left falling in line behind her, checkbooks in hand and with the full weight of their useful idiot membership to bear, the nation and the world will be forced to endure the incessant drone of Vietnam comparisons, 'Bush Lied' chants and renditions of 'Imagine' that have the physical effects of a dose of Ipecac. I said it before and I'll say it again: you can say you support the troops all you want, but you can't support the troops and not support the mission. By doing so, you become a willing tool of the enemy (Islamic terrorism, in this case). Mrs. Sheehan may not be strapping explosives to herself, but as far as Bin Laden is concerned, what she is doing is the next best thing.